This position has the primary responsibility for identifying, analyzing, and selling blown film products and systems to dealers, through distribution and large national accounts. Support Sales team to exceed sales growth targets while building confidence and providing application solutions.
Title: National Sales Manager
Industry: Plastic Packaging
Reports To: Owners
Location: East Coast, ideally Carolina’s North
Our client is a privately owned, well established and growing full-service manufacturer and distributor of polyethylene film, liners, bags, etc., whose products are manufactured solely in the United States. Their superior customer service, attention to detail and focus on quality over the years has helped them to become a leader in the packaging industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow sales through new business
- Establish new distributor accounts
- Develop new large account business with end users
- Develop the sales organization as needed
- The ideal candidate possesses a deep familiarity with custom manufacturing processes and operations within the polyethylene film, liners, and bags industry. The ideal candidate is a leader and is comfortable in taking responsibility for overall sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years sales leadership experience
- Demonstrated planning skills balanced with excellent execution
- Established track record of sales growth
- Experience in plastic packaging sales
- Experience establishing new large end user accounts
- Experience establishing distributor pull-through business
- Market, competitor and territory knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills with high computer literacy
- Naturally inquisitive/wants to learn about and understand new things
- Excellent people leader with a coaching/mentoring style. Capable of creating a company culture of success built on teamwork, devotion and enthusiasm