This is a confidential search for a dynamic individual with growth potential who will provide operational leadership, improve processes and efficiencies, develop team members and implement strategies for increased capacity.
Title: Plant Operations Leader
Industry: Building Materials
Reports To: COO
Our client is experiencing dynamic growth with a non-commodity high-end building materials product that is highly regarded in its category. Growth in demand had led to construction of a new manufacturing facility for expanded capability and capacity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational leadership, ensuring a customer-centric focus on complete and on-time delivery rate and strategy with an understanding of process flow and scheduling.
- Improve efficiencies in process, flow, labor cost and staffing, and first-pass yield/quality/scrap reduction.
- Contribute to development of “preferred place to work” culture through effective employee interaction and engagement.
- Assess talent, develop the team (supervisors / leads) to sustain significant growth.
- Participate in capacity increase plans in a new facility.
- 5+ years’ production leadership in a growth environment manufacturing a quality “fashion” building material
- Growth potential of someone who has demonstrated strong leadership potential
- Demonstrated “strategic” thinking, planning and organizational skills
- Leadership skills in interacting with and engaging employees
- Technical and Continuous Improvement thought process – demonstrated process improvement success utilizing “Lean” and/or other CI tools
- Familiarity with CNC automated and manual processes and ERP interface