Working cross-functionally both internally and externally, the Product Manager will lead, direct, and perform all aspects of product management for the product portfolio. This will involve coordination with external customers, vendors, and internal stakeholders to identify market requirements, define and maintain product range for all customers, lead new business introduction process, and collaboratively develop and refine pricing models.
Title: Product Manager
Reports To: EVP Sales, Marketing & Customer Service
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the U.S. within its niche, providing a full line of innovative, top quality, highly engineered products and serving leading Home Center, OEM and Distributor customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Under new leadership, this company has tremendous growth potential and is undergoing a transformation to accommodate anticipated doubling of its annual volume.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with senior leadership in setting the long-term vision and strategy for the product portfolio and manage the detailed implementation, including establishing and refining the product platform, and communicate the strategy and details to all relevant participants and stakeholders
- Develop and implement a product roadmap as a tool to manage and communicate the product strategy
- Identify customer needs, trends and market requirements at various levels, including the Home Center, Distributor, Consumer and Installer levels
- Develop in-depth knowledge and insights and become the Subject Matter Expert into the uses, applications, installation, and performance of the products in the portfolio
- Further develop and be the point person in managing the New Business Introduction / New Product Development processes from concept to launch
- Participate with the Sales & Marketing Department in company & customer meetings
- Develop and support customer presentations
- Manage & communicate sales information & product changes both internally & externally
- Research and develop pricing & competitive information and conduct analysis by channel, recommend strategies to improve market position, enhance competitive differentiation, drive sales, adapt / align quality, reduce costs, etc.
- Deliver market requirement documents and product specifications with detailed product features and detailed financial justification
- Work closely with Operations & Manufacturing Engineering to develop product specifications and requirements for existing and new products and to turn concepts into manufacturable and marketable tangible good
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations to develop business plans / business cases regarding the product line, as well as budgets, forecasts, etc. and ensure the ability of the company o achieve desired service levels to customer
- 5 years’ experience in Product / Marketing Management or similar role in mfg. environment, preferably background with fashion building materials
- Demonstrated success defining and launching new products, with in-depth understanding of stage/gate process
- Experience developing and implementing a product roadmap
- Experience developing products for and marketing products to Home Center customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional team members, balance multiple priorities and do so in a high-paced, collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Functional understanding of manufacturing, sales, marketing, logistics and engineering disciplines
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- 4-year degree preferred in business management or marketing, engineering, etc.