This Senior Manager of Supply Chain is an advisor to “material Cost” with both domestic and off-shore sourcing. This is an opportunity for you to build your organization and methodologies to provide superior customer service, project leadership and operational support. You will play a key role in a customer driven supply chain organization charged with identifying, implementing and enhancing successful methods of delivering superior service and the lowest cost. In summary, if you have earned your ‘major’ in Strategic Sourcing and ‘minor’ in Shipping, this opportunity could be for you.
Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Industry: Building Materials, HVAC
Reports To: Vice President Operations
Location: Southern California (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Moorpark, Bakersfield, Oxnard)
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of copper finned boilers and heaters. From industry-leading technologies to next-generation energy efficiencies, they are a pioneer in developing some of the most innovative advancements in heating. Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility prepares the company to meet their predicted growth demands. They offer a positive work environment including a great culture, ethics and comradery. This combination and the servant leadership style of management provides them with an outstanding average employee tenure of 14 years.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures consistent application of industry-leading, continuously improved business practices. Acts as an internal consultant on all supply chain related issues
- Design and implement improvements to Supply Chain to support business growth and improvement strategies. Improve responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital
- Develop inventory management strategies and programs to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality and consistent support to manufacturing
- Work with manufacturing to rationalize outsourcing and in-sourcing activities
- Identify key supplier and partner with these suppliers to develop long term mutually beneficial relationships that ensure long term success for both parties
- Support group global sourcing strategies for a range of commodities and ensure these are migrated into the existing business unit supply chain with minimum interruption and maximum cost reduction
- Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives both from a strategic and tactical perspective including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement, inventory reduction (entire supply chain) and cost reduction on year over year basis
- Management of the business unit logistics function including developing and maintaining inventory controls.
- 10+ years of increasing logistics, supply chain and distribution experience
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain best practices in demand planning, supply planning, production scheduling, inventory management, network optimization, and ERP systems
- Played a key role in helping the organization in high level planning of its annual costs and budgets, both close in and longer term
- Experience working with suppliers driving innovation, from new product introductions to continuous improvement
- Ability to implement and use analytics to drive improved supplier performance
- Experience developing and implementing strategic ensuring continuity of supply and mitigate supply chair disruptions
- Own a demonstrated history of innovative hiring and staffing (for example, hiring people with engineering training and then developing their procurement skills, or contracting for some sourcing or procurement projects)
- Creative, strategic, engaging, inspirational, achieving excellence
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering. Logistics or related field