DOs and DON’Ts In Executive Resume Writing
- Keep it succinct – preferably one to two pages.
- List each position held starting with the current or most recent at the top.
- Highlight the company name and the position that you held in bold font with month/year transition dates.
- Make a brief statement describing the company’s products, size of the organization in sales volume and number of employees in your specific division.
- State the scope of your responsibilities in the role in one or two sentences.
- Use bullet points to highlight 3-5 key achievements – be specific and include metrics where appropriate.
- Include academic credentials, bilingual skills and pertinent certifications.
- Make sure your contact information is current.
- Lie, exaggerate, or take credit for something you did not do. (It is too easy to check facts)
- Use vague, generic descriptions.
- Use long-winded narrative.
- Make lengthy introductory statements about your career or your career goals.