In a newly elevated role, this leader will have the opportunity to move Human Resources from reactive and transactional to a proactive, strategic, and value-add business partner to senior leadership in the company. The Vice President will oversee and develop programs in all relevant functional areas including recruiting, retention, training and development, payroll and benefits, documentation, compliance and best practices in systems and process.
Title: Vice President of Human Resources
Reports To: President & CEO
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the U.S. within its niche, providing a full line of innovative, top quality, highly engineered products and serving leading Home Center, OEM and Distributor customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Under new leadership, this company has tremendous growth potential and has been undergoing a transformation to accommodate anticipated doubling of its annual volume.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, proactively develop & implement creative and best practices programs in Human Resources, Compliance and Wage & Benefits
- Participate with the executive team in determining human resource strategies to support the achievement of overall business objectives
- Function as a business advisor to senior management regarding key organizational and human resource management issues
- Develop/enhance & implement recruiting and staffing plans to meet the human resource needs of the organization, including recruiting, onboarding, retention, review, discipline, and engagement programs
- Assess, develop and implement structured compensation, incentive and benefits plans that are competitive, cost-effective and promote the organization as a desired workplace
- Oversee the creation of training, development and engagement programs that build the capability of employees, drive a focus on safety, and build employee and company morale
- Oversee the identification of all regulatory standards affecting the manufacturing process (OSHA, Wage & Hour, EEO) and the creation of a consistent reporting and compliance process
- Oversee the identification and development of workers compensation claim best practices for manufacturing settings
- Develop and implement automated / on-line systems where applicable, i.e. benefits, onboarding, training
- Develop Employee materials and/or ensure that they are kept current, including Handbook, Confidentiality and Non-Compete, Position Descriptions, etc.
- 10+ years of progressive HR leadership in a mfg. environment
- Track record of proactive engagement, communications, and program development
- Familiarity and experience with current best practices in HR leadership
- Experience establishing best practices in a growth environment
- Energetic, engaging personality with a customer-focused mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset – systems, processes, procedures
- Tech Savvy – expertise in software and online solutions utilization