Grow with a company that has growth strategies in play to keep it competitive in the market for years to come. This Director will oversee, proactively develop and implement best-practice programs in all facets of Human Resources, including Wage & Benefits, Staffing & Onboarding, Employee Engagement, and Compliance with the goal of making this organization a Preferred Place to Work.
Title: Director of Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer in its industry, this privately-owned company is dedicated to the well-being and development of its personnel and is looking to take the next step in proactive best-practices for human resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a business advisor to and participate with the executive team in determining human resource strategies to support the achievement of overall business objectives
- Develop and implement staffing plans to meet the human resource needs of the organization, including recruiting, onboarding, retention, review, discipline and engagement programs
- Develop and implement compensation and benefits plans that are competitive, cost-effective and support the strategic objectives of the organization
- Oversee the creation of training and development programs that build the capability of employees and continually drive a focus on safety
- Oversee the identification of all regulatory standards affecting the manufacturing process (OSHA, Wage & Hour, EEO) and the creation of a consistent reporting and compliance process
- Oversee the identification and development of workers compensation claim best practices for manufacturing settings
- Develop and implement automated / on-line systems where applicable, including benefits enrollment, onboarding and training
- Develop Employee materials and/or ensure that they are kept current, including Handbook, Confidentiality and Non-Compete, Position Descriptions, etc.
- 10+ years of progressive HR leadership, preferably in a mfg. environment
- Track record of proactive engagement, communications and program development
- Larger company experience and familiarity with current best practices in HR leadership
- Energetic, engaging personality with a customer-focused mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset – systems, processes, procedures
- Tech savvy – expertise in software and online solutions utilization
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field