In a technical/training/educational engineering position for an organization with an excellent reputation, the Field Technician will drive and support sales through commercial and residential project specifications, with a primary focus on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering firms, code officials, inspectors and labor associations to educate and promote the use of domestic cast iron soil pipe and fittings.
Title: Midwest Regional Technical Representative
Reports To: VP of Field Sales
Our client has been in business for 70 years, and founded by leading manufacturers of Cast Iron Pipes, Valves and Fittings for residential and commercial plumbing systems and industrial applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with MEP firms code officials, inspectors and labor associations to educate and promote the use of domestic cast iron soil pipe and fittings in the assigned territory
- Educate members of the plumbing industry by increasing their product knowledge and promoting the use of cast iron pipes, valves and fittings
- Read Drawings
- Presentation Skills
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as Microsoft Applications
- Frequent travel within the territory
- Understanding of plumbing/piping systems
- Able to work independently
- Familiarly with ATSM standards and model plumbing and mechanical codes
- 4 Year Degree is a plus, but not required. LEED AP, or plumbing license is also a plus.